Sunday, June 21, 2009

MISS UTAH/ENGAGEMENT!!!

These past few months have been NUTS!!! Trying to get ready for Miss Utah and trying to plan my wedding secretly! but yet loudly haha! I am so excited to get married.

Trent Surprised me on Saturday night after working on my shoes for Show Me Your Shoes all day long and told me we were going to dinner before I went to Miss Utah to spend some time together. I hadn't showered or put on makeup all day long and Trent told me to put some make up on so that I looked nice for pictures while we were out that night. I was a little taken back by that but NOW appreciate the heads up haha!
So we went to Cafe Treng, OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT and had a GREAT dinner and then left for Gilgel Park i think its called. haha. then we went to Temple Square and got to just hang out and enjoy our special SPOT that we both immediately walked too.
He was so romantic and sweet the whole night like he always is. I kept saying i was super cold so after about an hour and a half we left and he asked me to decide what I wanted to do the whole night, so I said go rent a movie and cuddle and eat popcorn! i WAS EXHAUSTED. so we go to the car, and then we started heading a different way but of course i didn't question him. So we ended up down the street from Memory Grove and we started on our walk! haha it took about 10 minutes to walk there and as we got there he was stalling I now know, and he kept telling me to look on this memorial wall for Bryson and Lowe. but he was texting his sister which I had no IDEA! then we walked over to the Main site at Memory Grove and as we walked up there was candles and pictures in chronological order of our dating past and as we got to the top I was crying and there was Roses at the top and an empty frame!
So background info when Trent told me he loved me he told me by saying a bunch of things and ending with I think I really really like you and I think I am really in Love with you. and I responded with I know I like you and I know I love you.

So with that said he kept saying he can't wait to be my husband and he's so proud of me and I wasn't expecting him to propose until after Miss Utah honestly. and then we looked at me and said I think I really really LOVE You and I think I wanna Marry YOU! and then I of course said I know i LOVE YOU and I KNOW I WANNA MARRY YOU! and then he got done on one knee and asked me to marry him! ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! I will update later about more! :)

2 comments:

Casseron said...

How cute!! Em, I really am so excited for you!! Good luck with all the planning!! Make sure you look are bridal expressions or Abella Bridal for dresses!! They are amazing!!

Jordan and McKenzie said...

CONGRATS EMILY :)