Thursday, February 4, 2010

L.O.V.E

On our wedding day I didn't cry until our ring ceremony when Jim(dad) walked me down the aisle and gave me away. That was when tears came. When we spoke about each other and he spoke about me. I wish we had that written down. It was straight from the heart and absolutely amazing. I have been watching these Shade Tree videos specifically Nikki.Sam. and man I just wanted to bawl. that is what love is all about. Thats what I think. I think love is about you and your spouse being so enthralled with each other and wanting every second.

So Me and Trent had a wonderful Dating and a wonderful marriage. I was watching this and I sent him a text and this was our back and forth....

Em:I love you because I know we can make it through anything, I love you because on our first date I knew i'd marry you, I love you because you take my breath away, I love you because you deal with me, and I love you because you strengthen my testimony every day and I love you because I know you'll never leave me.

Trent!:I love you because you always miss me so much., I love you because you put up with me poking you all the time even though you know that I know that i really shouldn't so much, I love you because you are so supportive of me and you just KNOW that I'm going to succeed.

These are all so true. It just melts my heart and makes me so proud to be married to my best friend. In the hardest days where I am SO emotional and being a drama queen I just tell trent you're all I have....you're my best friend! And he just melts and holds me. which is what I need.

What a lucky life to have someone like him. I was always so scared of marriage cause of my parents divorce but I know that with trent we will always be honest and open and make sure that we both are always on the same page. marriage is hard and marriage is tough, but divorce is horrid and divorce hurts more and more every day then a marriage ever would. I am so thankful for the commitments I made to be with Trent for Eternity.

While I am on the texting thing here are a few from Trent when we were dating......
October 4th, 2008 2:45 AM
Yeah, but now xxx's having an emotional breakdown. Seriously Em, completely honest, thank you so much for being around. I needed you tonight, especially with....
October 4th,2008 4:02 PM
Thanks! I try my best! You are one sweetheart too. But like, without stuff written on you like the little Valentine's Day candies! hahahahahha I love him for that text alone.
keep in mind our first date was September 25, 2008.
October 11, 2008 2:54 AM
Emily, don't thank me, I absolutely adore you. I think we both got pretty lucky. It's not like this very often.
October 13, 2008 2:40 AM
A little math during hte break: 2+2= I had an amazing time tonight and love being with you.
When I was Miss Draper Trent found out I was speaking at an elementary and showed up. we had known each other for about 2 and a half weeks and that was it. I was in my crown speaking to kids already so intimidated and then I look back and he is there. I was DYING this is the text from that day.
October 15, 2008 10:44 AM
Yeah but I good one. You did awesome, the kids loved you. It was funny, looking at some of the boys when you were by them, they had the biggest crush on you.
Including a little boy about six foot three, 21 years old, he was dumbfounded.
October 27, 2008 1:37 AM
You're welcome, it's not anything to be thanked for, it's just what you deserve. I cherish every second I can spend with you, I wouldn't trade the time with you for anything else in the world! You've definitely got me wrapped around you little finger.

Those are just a few. That last one was 3 days before we became "exclusive" even though we already practically were. The title came on the 30th. I'll post more later. I just love my husband and this shows what a great kind and caring man he is.
You are the best T LOWE. lovage you to death.

1 comment:

Katie + Zach said...

Cute Emily. You guys are wonderful together. I wish you the BEST in your new adventures. Everything happens for a reason, and you both will be blessed :)