Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Update on Life

Well I made the blog private. I don't want randoms looking at my life anymore. Things are going well here.

I quit my job at J Hunt Home for a lot of reasons, mainly the boss and the direct supervisor was a shady person and wasn't getting along with her. So therefore I quit last week. Trent and I spent the weekend in Nashville for Thanksgiving with my aunt Nanette and her family and some close friends. It was a lot of fun and we got to have a home cooked meal and eat SHOE FLY PIE! My FAV! We also ran a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. Huge shock I know. We had a blast. We went shopping for black Friday and had a great time. Unfortunately due to unemployment we didn't get to really shop. But we did get a printer and we are way excited.

I just found out today after having my interview at 8:00 A.M. that I got a job at Independent Bank about 5 minutes from my house! I am SO HAPPY! It pays great and better yet I get paid weekly for a while so that will be nice to have instant money. Thank you OFFICETEAM! We have been very blessed. I will be working at this job for as long as they will keep me or until we are back on our feet and I decide to Substitute teach. I never knew how tough this move would be but again I am greatful for a very supportive husband and a great family and puppy who are with me every step of the way.

I am very excited to announce I was accepted to Memphis Teaching Fellows teaching middle school! I will start in June and the training is here in Memphis. If I am accepted to Teach For America I will take that position instead and then Trent will apply for a job at the institute in Atlanta so that we both can be together for those 6 weeks. I feel very good about being accepted but yet you never know.

We leave in 12 days to come home! I am SOOOO EXCITED! I really have not been this excited for a long time. I crave CAFE RIO and Zupas EVERY DAY! I need it in my life and stomach. We plan on seeing everyone that we can so it will be a crammed trip.
Thanks for keeping up on us, I'll be better about blogging!

No comments: